HTML 4.0 Reference
HTML 4.0 became a W3C Recommendation in December of 1997. The new HTML standard provides a number of significant improvements over previous versions of the language while emphasizing the concepts of accessibility and structural markup.
- What's New in HTML 4.0
- A summary of the new features in HTML 4.0 and a look at the key concepts behind the new standard.
- Structure of an HTML 4.0 Document
- An explanation of elements, tags, and attributes, and how they are used in an HTML 4.0 document.
- Organizational List of HTML 4.0 Elements
- All HTML 4.0 elements organized by their function.
- Alphabetical List of HTML 4.0 Elements
- All HTML 4.0 elements listed alphabetically.
- HTML 4.0 Entities
- All character entity references in HTML 4.0 along with their numeric character references and rendering in your browser.
- Offline Versions
- Downloadable versions of this reference suitable for offline use.